Introducing Friction, a fast and flexible 2D motion graphics application for Linux and Windows.
- Export to SVG animation
- Export to any video/image format supported by ffmpeg
- JS expressions
- Support for vector and raster effects
Friction is a continuation/fork of enve with the goal of making a production-ready application for web animations/videos.
This application is currently beta quality, expect missing and/or broken features. 0.9.x releases may also break compatibility and/or change UI at any time until we reach version 1.0.
- Windows builds are not signed
- Fedora builds are untested
- Sources for third-party components can be downloaded from SourceForge
- Build instructions can be found here
- No documentation (not a priority, contributions are welcome)
- CSS style sheets are not supported when importing an SVG
- SVG’s from Adobe Illustrator (and others?) may have issues due to this
Published 4 July 2023.